Work & Experience
I'm an R&D, Product and Operations strategy executive in the hospitality technology space with a track record of managing cloud based mobile products and IoT solutions across enterprise platforms from idea to support phase through all organizational departments in fast growing businesses.
Throughout the years I'v overseen global large scale project implementation and established operational processes & efficiencies for high growth companies; currently looking after development and operations at www.interelme.com, powering the modern hotel through the Hotel of Things™ ecosystem by connecting people, devices, and data. Previously, I oversaw product development for www.iris.net, a mobile applications platform provider in the hospitality space. In these positions I've been lucky enough to work with several high end clients, winning numerous awards for the products in the process .
I've also founded a House Music label called Grapevine Grooves with my good friend DJ AgentQ to enable upcoming artists to release their music with exposure, and am looking after A&R and Digital Marketing.
Research on digital transformation in hospitality is a major interest for me and I've published various papers, spoke at industry conferences and gave guest lectures at universities on related topics, so if you have an opportunity to collaborate, please get in touch. I am also open to joining NPOs or advisory boards.
Combing theoretical research and conceptual frameworks with practical applications has always been intriguing to me, an extract of the results is featured below:
- Florian Kriechbaumer, (2017), Saving the environment, one 'thing'at a time: The Internet of Things and sustainable hospitality, Hotel Yearbook 2018 - Technology
Hanna Falko, Florian Kriechbaumer, (2016) “Room for Innovation – Hotel Technology”, hospitalynet / Hotelier Middle East.
- Florian Kriechbaumer, Natasa Christodoulidou, (2014) "SME Website Implementation Factors in the Hospitality Industry: Groundwork for a Digital Marketing Roadmap", Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, Vol. 6 Iss: 4
The purpose of this paper is to provide an overview of the literature on how quality factors impact website implementation for small and medium-sized hospitality enterprises (SMEs). Its objective is to define and explain the relevance of these factors and synthesize them in the context of a digital space roadmap for Dubai’s Vision 2020, as well as to identify potential routes to assist SME practitioners in implementation.
- Florian Kriechbaumer, Natasa Christodoulidou, Sanjay Nadkarni, (2014) “An Overview OfThe Quality Factors Impacting Website Implementation For Micro And Small Sized Enterprises In The Hospitality Industry”, WDSI, Proceedings of the Annual Conference, Napa, CA.
This manuscript provides a review of the literature as it relates to factors impacting website implementation for micro and small hospitality enterprises. There is evidence that gaps still exist in practitioner understanding and academic research. The review identifies quality related factors such as website access, content, function, and design, which have an influence when implementing a website. It gives suggestions for academia and executives to address current shortcomings.
- Florian Kriechbaumer, (2014) “Showing The Right Application”, Asian Hotel Catering & Times
- Florian Kriechbaumer, (2014) “Steps to protect guest-facing apps and networks from unwanted hackers”, Techovation / Tnooz