Work & Experience
- I've moved into the intersection of Hospitality and Technology over the years through a combination of my studies at The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management and Cornell's School of Hospitality and my personal interest in digital transformation and mobile. My strength lies in managing software products and development operations across all major platforms from idea to support phase and I am excellent at articulating technology concepts and their impact to a broad audience.
I truly enjoy this niche and am currently looking after software development and operations at www.interelme.com, which develops guest room management system hardware and software and is pioneering the "Hotel of Things". Previously, I oversaw product development for www.iris.net, including iOS, Android, Windows and Web Apps with a corresponding CMS and many third party integrations to other systems. In these positions I've been lucky enough to work with several high end clients, winning numerous awards for the products in the process . Previously, I've worked at Eraffe Media, Engel & Voelkers, Kempinski & Jumeirah.
I've also founded a House Music label called Grapevine Grooves with my good friend DJ AgentQ to enable upcoming artists to release their music with exposure, and am looking after A&R and Digital Marketing.
I've always found research and knowledge gathering and sharing with practical application interesting, and in the past few years I've started to turn this interest into tangible output in the form of a number of publications and articles. An extract is featured below:
- Hanna Falko, Florian Kriechbaumer, (2016) “Room for Innovation – Hotel Technology”, hospitalynet / Hotelier Middle East.
- Florian Kriechbaumer, Natasa Christodoulidou, (2014) "SME Website Implementation Factors in the Hospitality Industry: Groundwork for a Digital Marketing Roadmap", Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, Vol. 6 Iss: 4
The purpose of this paper is to provide an overview of the literature on how quality factors impact website implementation for small and medium-sized hospitality enterprises (SMEs). Its objective is to define and explain the relevance of these factors and synthesize them in the context of a digital space roadmap for Dubai’s Vision 2020, as well as to identify potential routes to assist SME practitioners in implementation.
- Florian Kriechbaumer, Natasa Christodoulidou, Sanjay Nadkarni, (2014) “An Overview OfThe Quality Factors Impacting Website Implementation For Micro And Small Sized Enterprises In The Hospitality Industry”, WDSI, Proceedings of the Annual Conference, Napa, CA.
This manuscript provides a review of the literature as it relates to factors impacting website implementation for micro and small hospitality enterprises. There is evidence that gaps still exist in practitioner understanding and academic research. The review identifies quality related factors such as website access, content, function, and design, which have an influence when implementing a website. It gives suggestions for academia and executives to address current shortcomings.
- Florian Kriechbaumer, (2014) “Showing The Right Application”, Asian Hotel Catering & Times.
- Florian Kriechbaumer, (2014) “Steps to protect guest-facing apps and networks from unwanted hackers”, Techovation / Tnooz
I'd love to research and write something on the use cases of iBeacons in Hospitality as well as the transformation from analog to digital service and how far it may go. If you are up for working together, please get in touch on any of the channels below.
I am also open to joining an advisory board or not-for-profit organisation, so do let me know if you are in need.